September 14, 2017
Sandwich of the Week: Keep Calm and Curry On
As we may have mentioned in the episode, we love finger sandwiches. We also love curry! For this sandwich of the week, we decided to take a few ideas from a few different cultures (warm curries + afternoon tea) to create a sandwich so delicious, you’ll want to cut the crust right off and serve alongside some Earl Grey!
Chicken? On a Salad?
Nope. We’re talking about the kind where you mix chicken and mayonnaise. It doesn’t get better than that! Wait, it does? Toss in some curry powder, plus a few more additions, to make a salad that rivals even your mom’s tuna salad sandwiches (I ate a tuna sandwich every day for probably three years).
Let’s Get Mixing!
- Whole wheat bread, crust lovingly removed
- Chicken breasts
- Curry powder
- Cayenne pepper
- Red (purple?) grapes
- Pecans, toasted
- Season chicken breasts with salt, pepper, maybe some garlic, and a touch of cayenne for a little heat
- Once chicken is seasoned on both sides, prepare chicken in a frying pan until cooked through
- After the chicken has cooled, slice into bite sized pieces or shred for any desired texture
- In a large mixing bowl, combine chicken, mayo, curry powder, sliced grapes, toasted pecans, and chopped celery
- Mix until all ingredients are well incorporated
- Serve inside of little breads with tea and an assortment of scones, clotted cream, and cakes
- or mac and cheese, if you’re running low on royalty
I think we have a theme of putting fruits into sandwiches now, which is growing on me more and more. However, stay tuned for our next sandwich of the week, where I try to convince Turner and Andrew that we should have a sandwich sans fruit (PLEASE)!
If you’ve tried our SOTWs, let us know! We’d love to hear from you on Twitter (@ClubSandwichPod), or with some fun cooking pics on Instagram (@ClubPodcast).
Thanks for listening,